A rapid increase in population, growing cost of on-campus courses, social and institutional problems of people desiring for higher education, need of education in the current global scenario, and availability of innovative learning management systems have created a need to start degree programs, and massive open online courses (MOOCs) through distance education.
Achieving international recognition as distance education provider by ensuring learners' satisfaction, involving and training dedicated faculty, maintaining quality of education, applying variety of teaching-learning strategies and using appropriate distance delivery modes.
Responding promptly to the educational needs of distance learners and providing them world class educational facilities. oneprice We will also continue providing lifelong learning opportunities for present and prospective farmers/other rural dwellers to build a strong knowledge based agricultural economy in Pakistan.
The objectives of the Directorate of Distance Education, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad include to:
- Play leadership role in distance education.
- Contribute significantly to the educational development of the nation.
- Train and encourage faculty to adopt innovative modes of distance education.
- Make the University research more meaningful by focusing on the feedback of distance education activities.
- Ensure quality instruction through distance education.